Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Teenage Modern Philosopher's Club Chatroom, Episode 2



NOTE:  ". . ."  means brief period of silence.

CorpusOrgan1: Of course pizza exists.

Lil’Con: Or, perhaps it’s tasty deliciousness is all in our heads. It tastes good because we believe it to.

TheGreatPlato: If we can believe things to taste good, everything would taste good.

CorpusOrgan1: Maybe it’s physical existence doesn’t matter at all. If we warrant its existence, it will exist.

TheGreatPlato: So if I wanted to will something to not exist, could I? Are you telling me that if I take this bag of Cheetos, believe it does not exist, it will disappear? 

CorpusOrgan1: That’s not exactly what I’m saying, but its possible.

TheGreatPlato: Well lets give it a try, shall we? Cheetos, I will you to no longer exist.
. . .

Lil’Con: Is it still there?

TheGreatPlato: No, Confucius, it’s completely gone! Everything Aristotle said was right!

CorpusOrgan1: -_-

TheGreatPlato: My god! The things I could do now that I can make things disappear! No more homework, no more anchovies, maybe I can even make the Universe disappear! Do you think it possible, Aristotle?

CorpusOrgan1: I think it possible that you can will that bag of Cheetos back into existence and choke on it’s contents, Plato.

Lil’Con: Wait, I’m confused are we being serious or sarcastic?

TheGreatPlato: I’m as serious as the existence of Aristotle.

Lil’Con: So . . . not at all?

CorpusOrgan1: Let’s not go back to the idea of the “existence of people”, boys. Let’s stick to the topic at hand: Pizza.

TheGreatPlato: Hold on, mother’s calling. Brb.

*Five minutes later*

TheGreatPlato: I don’t believe this! That psychotic baby!

Lil’Con: What happened?

TheGreatPlato: Socrates told his mother I bullied him out of the club, and she called my mother to complain! I’ve been grounded, effective starting tomorrow!

CorpusOrgan1: He went to his mother? That’s low, even for him.

TheGreatPlato: I know. I also have to let him back in the club, and be nice to him from now on. 

TheGreatPlato: Prepare yourselves.   He  is  officially  unblocked  as  of  . . .  now.

SocRocks9 has been added to the group.
SocRocks9 has logged on.

TheGreatPlato: Hello, Socrates.

SocRocks9: hi dickwads.

CorpusOrgan1: Socrates, how could you? Getting Plato in trouble with his mother!

SocRocks9: just wait until you get home aristotle. my mom called your mom too.

CorpusOrgan1: . . . No, you didn’t. You wouldn’t.

SocRocks9: i didnt, my mom did.

Lil’Con: Socrates, I know how upset you must feel, but can’t you find within yourself enough positive energy to move past it and not resort to such . . . childish moves?

SocRocks9: you think thats childish? my mom is over at the neighbors right now, calling your mom.

Lil’Con: [censored]

TheGreatPlato: Your phone was working well enough when we got our joyous call, why is she using the neighbors?

SocRocks9: she doesnt want to pay the international fees. she said she would tell the neighbors our phone broke and she needed to call our dying grandma in China.

TheGreatPlato: Class just runs right down the line in your family, doesn’t it?

SocRocks9: SHUT UP PLATO DONT TALK ABOUT MY MOM

Lil’Con: But Socrates, I don’t live in China.
. . . 

SocRocks9: your lying. she looked up your number online.

Lil’Con: I’m not lying, we live in Indiana.

SocRocks9: but it says there is a confucius family in china, isn’t that you?
. . .

Lil’Con: Confucius is my first name, Socrates.  

SocRocks9: then who is she on the phone with??

Lil’Con: I don’t know, but it isn’t my mother.

TheGreatPlato: I can see intelligence runs strong in your line, too, Socrates. 

SocRocks9: I SWEAR TO GOD PLATO IF YOU DON’T STOP TALKING ABOUT MY MOM

TheGreatPlato: How about this. I’ll stop talking about you and your oh so “elegant” mother, if you stop making up lies about me.

SocRocks9: I DIDNT MAKE UP ANYTHING YOU LITERAL SON OF A BITCH.

TheGreatPlato: Thank you, Socrates.

SocRocks9: FOR WHAT BUTTWING?

TheGreatPlato: You’ll see. I’ll brb.

*2 minutes later*

TheGreatPlato: I’ve just shown my mother what you wrote to me today and last week. I’ve been given permission to kick you back out of the club.

SocRocks9: WHAT??

TheGreatPlato: You should also expect to hear from your mother soon. My mother is on the phone with her now.

SocRocks9: NO!

TheGreatPlato: Yes. Goodbye again, Socrates.

SocRocks9: YOU PIECE OF —

SocRocks9 has been disconnected.
SocRocks9 has been blocked from the group.